ClassiPress v2.9.2 WordPress Theme
Classified Ads for WordPress
The current version of ClassiPress is v2.9.2 (just released on 6/6/09) and is compatible with up to WordPress v2.8.4. See the list of features below and make sure to check out
ClassiPress is the first and only professional classified ads theme for WordPress. We call it the Craigslist for WordPress.
Version 2.9 just released! Lots of new features including: PayPal integration, five color schemes, multi-language support, AdSense, and much more!
ClassiPress is the first and only premium WordPress theme designed to easily turn your Web site into a classified ads system. Our feature-rich theme was built for ease of use and tight integration with WordPress so you’ll be online and selling classified ads on your site within minutes.
New v2.9 Features Include:
- Ad Editing – The most requested new feature is now a reality. Your customers can now edit/pause their own ads from a custom page without ever having to see your WordPress back office. Not only does this provide better security, it makes your site look much more professional.
- Customer Dashboard – Now your customers have one place where they can login and view, edit, and pause all their ads. Again, no need for them to access your WordPress back office. It’s easy for them to see the status of each one of their ads line by line.
- Customer Profile Page – Make your site more interactive and personal with customer profiles. Now any registered customer can update their own info, change password, upload a picture, and much more. Anyone viewing their ad can click on the authors name to see their profile page. This feature leverages the WordPress author page functionality without providing access to your WordPress back office.
- Themed Login Page – The wp-login.php page is great but it doesn’t match your sites brand. No more need for themed login plugins since it’s now built into ClassiPress. The login, register, and forgot password pages are automatically styled with whatever ClassiPress color scheme you’re currently using. Now your customers have a seamless experience across your site.
- Category-Level Pricing – Here’s another top requested feature that is now included. You can set individual prices for each category with no limitations. You can also have free categories if you set the price equal to zero.
- Percentage-Based Pricing – Some people prefer to charge based on a fixed percentage. Well now you can. The ad cost will depend on what the item listing price is. Great for larger priced items and gives you profit.
- Featured Ad Option – Charge an extra amount so customers will be highlighted in yellow and listed at the top of your home page. This uses the built-in WordPress sticky option.
- Column Sorting – Now you can sort your listings by either ascending or descending. This allows your customers to quickly order the ads without having to browse through multiple pages.
- Redesigned Header – A general overhaul was done to the header and is much better organized. You can find links to your pages, login, dashboard, site logo, and a 468×60 banner spot all nicely organized at the top of your site.
- 468×60 Banner Spot – Sell advertising on your classified ads site or just put your own affiliate marketing banner there instead. This is easily managed from within the ClassiPress admin pages without having to touch the theme code. If you don’t want to advertise at all, you can just disable this feature with ease.
- Custom Logo – If you’ve got your own site logo it’s easy to include it without editing the code. Just paste your image url in a box and it will replace the default ClassiPress logo. If you don’t have a logo, you can switch this feature off and just use the default WordPress text listing.
- Google Maps – See exactly where each ad listing is physically located. This feature utilizes the Google Maps API so each ad will show a map of the item location. Accurate down to the street number.
- Revamped Categories – The much improved category hierarchy now supports multiple dropdown sub-categories. You can setup categories five levels deep without having to worry about any custom styling.
- Sub-Level Pages – If you’ve got multiple pages on your site, you’ll need a neat and clean way to organize them. Now you can since ClassiPress supports two levels of drop-down navigation for the header pages.
- Countdown Timer – This shows the remaining time left for each ad before it gets pulled down. If you don’t want your ads to be removed, this will not show up.
- New Ad Field – Allow your customers to include a url within their ad post. A new ad form field called URL is now on the ad submission form.
- jQuery Updates – ClassiPress has replaced the old prototype and scriptaculous with jquery which is fast becoming the industry standard in WordPress scripting. Now you’ll have a much easier time adding new plugins or building your own actions on top of just one scripting language.
- Updated Image Viewer – Replaced lightbox with fancybox for viewing images within each ad. This is a smoother and prefered image viewer and also uses jQuery.
- And much more! Check out the live demo and admin demo to see all the features in action!
Download: ClassiPress v2.9.2 free
Demo – test: ClassiPress v2.9.2